Coopers Community

Brew Enhancer 1

No idea, but I did find this from a bit of a Google search:

"Maltodextrin can be enzymatically derived from any starch. In the US, this starch is usually corn; in Europe, it is common to use wheat. It is highly unlikely that maltodextrin derived from wheat would contain amounts of gluten significant to people suffering from gluten-related disorders such as coeliac disease.[2]"

https://www.glutenfreeliving.com/gluten-free-foods/ingredients/top-10-ingredients-you-really-dont-need-to-worry-about/ scroll down to the maltodextrin part.

Hi Paul.

The Maltodextrin' date=' used in our Brew Enhancers, is derived from maize. [img']smile[/img]

Would I be correct that Maltodextrin is still called "Corn Syrup Powder" in some circles, & that the two are one & the same thing?

Cheers,

Lusty.

Generally' date=' yes. However, I've seen similar product also derived from Wheat or Tapioca...[img']sideways[/img]

I had heard of the Tapioca based version, & thought it quite odd (at the time) as I had no idea that tapioca was that prevalent.

Thanks Paul. smile

Cheers,

Lusty.

I’m currently testing recipes for making vegan ‘cheese’ for our pizza shop' date=' and tapioca flour is used as a thickener. It’s also used for making the pearls in bubble tea. [/quote']

....and puddings! biggrin

Cheers,

Lusty.

Archived