Coopers Community

Coopers Club - A change is brewing...

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 hours ago, Rick1525230231 said:

A lot of people including me seem to have a bunch of numbers added to the end of their display name. Is this a bug that will be fixed or so we need to change our names? 

Confirmed that it's not a bug.  This site has more functionality than the old forum and part of this requires for all registered users to have a unique Display Name.  There's more than one Rick registered as a user so the system has allocated a number to follow your name.

Cheers!
DIY Beer Team

OK but how do we change our display name? 

Also, when going to unread posts and opening a topic, it goes to the first post instead of the latest post. That doesn't really make much sense. 

36 minutes ago, Rick1525230231 said:

Also, when going to unread posts and opening a topic, it goes to the first post instead of the latest post. That doesn't really make much sense. 

You'll find a red dot to the left of topic headings that contain unread posts, click on the dot and it will take you to the first unread post.

18 minutes ago, Coopers DIY Beer Team said:

Go to your name at the top right of the screen, click on the drop down arrow, select Account Settings.  There should be the option to change your Display Name.  

I checked in that area first  ut there is no option to change name or edit any account settings other than notification settings and profile. Could be because I'm using a phone? I am using it in desktop browser mode though. 

7 minutes ago, Coopers DIY Beer Team said:

You'll find a red dot to the left of topic headings that contain unread posts, click on the dot and it will take you to the first unread post.

Works perfectly, thank you. 

28 minutes ago, Rick1525230231 said:

I checked in that area first  ut there is no option to change name or edit any account settings other than notification settings and profile. Could be because I'm using a phone? I am using it in desktop browser mode though. 

Hmmm, it's not working for us either.  ?  We will get back to you once the "Geeks" have it sorted. 

5 hours ago, Rick1525230231 said:

On the phone you should see 3 white horizontal bars at the top right of screen, tap this symbol and you should see a window scroll across with one of the options being ACCOUNT, tap that and on the next menu tap Account Settings. Then SETTINGS window should pop up and the option to change your display name should be there.

2 hours ago, Coopers DIY Beer Team said:

On the phone you should see 3 white horizontal bars at the top right of screen, tap this symbol and you should see a window scroll across with one of the options being ACCOUNT, tap that and on the next menu tap Account Settings. Then SETTINGS window should pop up and the option to change your display name should be there.

Yep all working now, thank you. 

3 hours ago, Gag.Halfrunt said:

I seem to be Gag again (Gag dot Halfrunt) . still haven't worked out how to get a profile picture up though. 

Once you've logged in, at the top righthand side of the page you'll see your username & avatar. Click your username & then click "Profile". Your profile will appear including a larger picture of your avatar & username from the lefthand side of the screen. Ontop of your avatar pic you'll see a smaller image symbol. Click that symbol & you will then be given options to change your avatar pic.

I hope that helps.

Lusty.

FUNNY HOW NO ONE HAS MENTIONED THAT WERE ARE ALL SHOUTING (Using capitals) OUR USER NAMES,,,,,,

All the more odd as on the forum overview page & when quoted the user names displayed are lowercase,,,

Archived