Coopers Community

Drinking deep thoughts

Worts and all

I sat outside on a recent warm summer’s evening,savouring the last drops of a particularly fine brew. (Coopers Dark Ale can,with a modest hop infusion for those interested) As is often on these last bottle occasions,I fell into a satisfied kind of reverie,and began to ponder. Why is it , I wondered,that Mother Nature bestows such prodigious power and ability on the humble yeast,yet allows some of my fellow man scarcely sufficient talent to scratch their own nether regions? A strange allocation of resources it seems. Or is it a clear indication of Nature’s priorities? No answer came before I licked the last delicious bit of froth from my lips. Happily I have a similar brew,with a little more hops,two weeks in the bottle. Perhaps the answer lies therein. Perchance one or more of my fellow deep drinkers- err- thinkers may shed some light. Meanwhile, the crease in my brow grows ever deeper. Cheers!

Why is it ' date=' I wondered,that Mother Nature bestows such prodigious power and ability on the humble yeast,yet allows some of my fellow man scarcely sufficient talent to scratch their own nether regions? ![/quote']

That seems unfair to me, I'm sure the bacteria and yeast in my septic tank enjoy my waste products.

I don't know if they wax philosophical about me, they certainly should though.

No dextrose. 1kg LDME only. Dextrose adds only alcohol. Malt adds colour,taste,mouth feel,alcohol and,well ,beer! Oh,and to address your concerns,no,it was not a turbocharged brew that lulled me into musing, I was as sober as could be reasonably expected at the time. Cheers!

I too "warts and all" harbor similar thoughts... Passionate thoughts of hops though!!

(Spanish guitar plays softly in the background. .)

Like the love a a women with hairy armpits i find my self drawn to the passion and carefree approach of cammando hopping,

. Nothing say's flavour and passion like a white smile with green hops in your teeth. Its hard for me to distinguish which i prefer more... hairy armpits or cammando hops ??

Life is full of such mystery and thoughts.

Keep up the good work my freind-

I sat outside on a recent warm summer’s evening' date='savouring the last drops of a particularly fine brew. (Coopers Dark Ale can,with a modest hop infusion for those interested)']

What type of hop did you use? and how long the infusion?

That’s “worts”-as in unfermented beer. Please get it right Rolly Stoned! Your confusion of hops with ladies armpits is deeply disturbing. The mind boggles.I am not sure I would enjoy a taste of your brews.Those Spanish guitars you hear are probably accompanying Willie Nelson. Whether he is under the influence of hops or a lady’s armpit I don’t know.Life is indeed full of such mysteries,and,as you say,thoughts.Please let us see a little more of your mind. Who knows,we may even be able to make some kind of diagnosis. Cheers!!

That’s “worts”-as in unfermented beer. Please get it right Rolly Stoned! Your confusion of hops with ladies armpits is deeply disturbing. The mind boggles.I am not sure I would enjoy a taste of your brews.Those Spanish guitars you hear are probably accompanying Willie Nelson. Whether he is under the influence of hops or a lady’s armpit I don’t know.Life is indeed full of such mysteries,and,as you say,thoughts.Please let us see a little more of your mind. Who knows,we may even be able to make some kind of diagnosis. Cheers!!

I sat outside on a recent warm summer’s evening' date='savouring the last drops of a particularly fine brew. (Coopers Dark Ale can,with a modest hop infusion for those interested)']

What type of hop did you use? and how long the infusion?

50g Cascade dropped into 1/2 litre boiling water. Returned to boil,turned off and steeped for 25 minutes. Put through metal strainer,pushing hard with a spoon to get all the lovely liquid. Cheers!

Archived