Coopers Community

Fail Thread (Mistakes You've Made) 2018

ben 10

On 11/19/2018 at 9:52 AM, MitchBastard said:

Yesterday as I started to bring some LDM to the boil in my new pot I thought.....

“this malt smells like plastic”

i thought it may have just been my crappy 1980s stove top until I started washing up.

i chuckled.

F8CE0863-FFA8-44BD-B3C0-7903B0829D22.jpeg

Thanks for that one. Remembered this and peeled the label off as soon as I got home this morning 😉

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Naturally carbonated a keg while i was away last week. Decided to keg hop it and get it in the keg fridge. 5 mins later im outside and there is beer coming out the keg fridge all over the deck. Did the exact same thing about a year ago when i forgot to cool the keg down first before hopping. Took off the pressure and took the keg hop out. Lost probably 4 or 5 beers im thinking. 

Brewing Emergency ! 

I just transfered brew into FV and added yeast, ...and now Iv'e noticed the small crack in the FV tap thread has grown and I have a small leak. its dripping very slowy but leaking all the same .

What can I do?

regards 

Guvna

This is a 2fer

Got too carried away kegging my first batch that totally didnt prime the few i had to bottle, upon cracking a couple im like hmm i did not fkn prime these. 

So pop the caps off the remaining bottles and dropped some carbonation drops in and yess you guessed it, beer everywhere.

ForeheadSlapNation

Archived