Coopers Community

The Woolshed Brewery

Hermoor

Last week I was staying in Renmark SA, while I was there I visited the Woolshed Brewery. This place is fantastic, a beautiful restored Woolshed on the banks of the Murray River. They have a good selection of their beers on tap. I tried the summer ale, session ale and IPA. Well worth the visit if you are in the area.

Last year my partner & I went with a few friends & stayed out in SA wine country out around Kingston on the Murray/Barmera. We went for a late breakfast on the second day out to a large house boat restaurant. Everyone else was getting breakfast type meals & coffees. I spotted the Woolshed Brewery IPA & swiftly had one of them poured. Very nice. joyful

Well, I can drink coffee at home. tongue From memory, I had a very enjoyable day that day. cool

Sorry, I'm rambling...

Lusty.

• 3 weeks later...

Woolshed Brewery is pretty cool. Stunning location overlooking a bend on the Murray River, along one of the most beautiful stretches of the Murray.

They do a really interesting range of beers and ciders. Some I liked, and some I wasn't so fond of, but I appreciated all of them.

They have a nice lawned area next to it where they have live bands and performers during summer. If you're into history, you can tour the old homestead.

Highly recommend this place to anyone travelling through. While you're in the area, if you like wines, visit Caudo Winery, about halfway between Waikerie and Cadell. A similar setting, but down at river level. They also have live bands in summer.

And there is a distillery in Renmark; 23rd St Distillery, that does gins, whiskeys, vodkas, rums, etc.

What a heavenly place the SA Riverland is to have a holiday! One of my favourite areas in the world.

Ian

Archived