Coopers Community

Higher temperature brew cans

Mattyzombie

Are you after a kit for fermenting in warm weather or drinking in warm weather?

If fermenting, what temps can you maintain? You may want to look at brewing a Saison with a Saison yeast. There is a recipe in the Coopers database.

That particular kit, despite the name "Lager" on the label, actually comes with Coopers dry ale yeast, which does fine to around the temps you mention. Warmer than that and you might want to use Saison yeast, as Harry mentioned, although only do that if you like the taste of Saisons. They aren't for everyone as the yeast is strongly flavoured.

All of the Original Series kits come with Coopers dry ale yeast, as do the Blonde and English Bitter kits in the International Series, and would be reasonable choices. The Blonde is a nice kit for summer time.

Cheers,

Christina.

• 2 weeks later...

Generally I brew porter or stout, but similarly I am interested in higher temperatures as I struggle to stay under 26’ C at this time of year ,

I have a fridge but it needs work, and the keg king style temp control, so probably a winter project

Two of the brews I have picked up from the local have failed to launch with the yeast in clouded at 24 deg (last few weeks) but have kicked off with a fresh pitch of yeast from big w ( yeah, brigalow, for shame)

So I think old mates. Store might be a bit warm too,

Any way I might try something with the saison as suggested by Christina above but any suggestion on dark hearty you know cut with a steak knife brews that don’t mind the heat most welcome

As mentioned I think I can stay under 26 for the most part,

Happy sampling

For the love of beer

Archived