Coopers Community

Cheap Coopers, Where D'ya Get It?

Marvin

On 12/11/2018 at 7:45 PM, Smashed Crabs said:

Grew up with my parents watching star trek all the time.. probably can attribute this to me joining the navy a little. Thou I always found it odd they sent the 3-5 most important people on the ship as a boarding party etc when in reality it's usually the most expendable personal sent lol.  

Are you still in?  I paid off in 2002 after 26 years.

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

Hi all,

I visited Big W and got some stuff but of course some of the things, like light dry malt were out of stock. I went across to Dan Murphy's which of course are owned by the same people and they were prepared to price match on the 15% off prices. This may be an option if you find things are sold out. Dan's price on the LDM was pretty much the same but they took a bit more off so it was $6.50 rather than the normal $6.99 (normall $8 at Big W).

The sale runs until 12 May by the way.

• Like 4

The big W sale runs till the 12th fir anyone wondering. 

I wish the coopers online store did free delivery all the time, would be awesome but I know probably not economically viable...

Ill have to try and get to big w at some stage this week. 

22 hours ago, Marvin said:

I'll get liquid malt next time there's a free Coopers delivery offer.

Yep that's what I do. The only problem is the minimum order amount combined with the fact that I like to use LME as quickly as possible since it darkens and changes flavour over time.

I guess I could get it from my LHBS but it costs twice as much per tin as it does on the Coopers web store. So I tend to only buy when I need to stock up on a bunch of stuff at the same time to reach a total that qualifies for free shipping. 

Cheers, 

John 

On 5/2/2019 at 7:37 AM, MitchellScott said:

The big W sale runs till the 12th fir anyone wondering. 

I wish the coopers online store did free delivery all the time, would be awesome but I know probably not economically viable...

Ill have to try and get to big w at some stage this week. 

Depending on what you're after, there's a couple of bundles available for members of uncle Dan's that I just come across. Thick are still cheaper than buying the same items during the big W special.

Cooper's APA + BE2 bundle: $18

Cooper's Dark Ale + BE3 bundle: $17

Cooper's English Bitter + LDM(500g): $18

Just checked the big W special and even with the discount if you were to buy the above combos there, then you're still paying a few bucks extra than what uncle Dan's offers them for. 

Might grab the dark ale combo and a 6 pack of pale stubs for $15. Then I get 6 good beers for the footy this arvo and save the yeast for a cheap n tasty winter brew for the next few weeks 👍

• Like 2

3 hours ago, karlos_1984 said:

Might grab the dark ale combo and a 6 pack of pale stubs for $15. Then I get 6 good beers for the footy this arvo and save the yeast for a cheap n tasty winter brew for the next few weeks 👍

I think you're supposed to leave the bought beer in the fridge for some days before you harvest.

2 hours ago, Marvin said:

I think you're supposed to leave the bought beer in the fridge for some days before you harvest.

Yeah I know but I grabbed one from right at the back and the yeast was really well compacted. I've done this before and had no issues whatsoever. 

I poured 3 stubs off into a glass this arvo and the beer was clear as, yeast didn't move off the bottom so it'll be right.

On 5/5/2019 at 2:35 PM, karlos_1984 said:

Depending on what you're after, there's a couple of bundles available for members of uncle Dan's that I just come across. Thick are still cheaper than buying the same items during the big W special.

Cooper's APA + BE2 bundle: $18

Cooper's Dark Ale + BE3 bundle: $17

Cooper's English Bitter + LDM(500g): $18

Also, HBKs for $90.

At long last, Dans has just opened a store in Hobbit (Hobart) Town on the small island south of Australia. We can now avail ourselves to the Coopers Specials.

Plus enter the Coopers Comp without a 200km drive (one way) to the store in Lonnie.

For those that live in the south of Tassie, it is located at the old Maypole Hotel site in Newtown.

Cheers

• Like 1

2 hours ago, YeastyBoy said:

At long last, Dans has just opened a store in Hobbit (Hobart) Town on the small island south of Australia. We can now avail ourselves to the Coopers Specials.

Plus enter the Coopers Comp without a 200km drive (one way) to the store in Lonnie.

For those that live in the south of Tassie, it is located at the old Maypole Hotel site in Newtown.

Cheers

About time. Was down there over xmas visiting the inlaws and was rather disappointed to find the only DM was in Lonnie. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...