Coopers Community

Cheap Coopers, Where D'ya Get It?

Marvin

4 minutes ago, Boot Straps said:

I don't get it. The ROTM is $55 free delivery  but the actual ingredients comes to $36 without the members discount ($32.4 with) and yet I can pick up the same ingredients from my local Dan Murphy's for $26.5.

Yeap Bootstraps, don't wind me up!! See thread not so long ago re pricing.

Extracts & Boxes are currently on special at Big W at the moment & way cheaper than the discounted online price. For example my Fav Aussie Pale Ale $12.79 at Big W same tin Coopers Online $14.40 discounted. Really?

Vote with your feet.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rowbrew said:

Does the Dan Murphys you shop at stock hops and specialty yeast? Thats awesome! Where abouts are you located?

No! but neither does Coopers, you have to supply that yourself anyway (Nowra NSW). I'm lucky Dan Murphy's is at one end of my street and my LHBS is at the other end.

Edited by Boot Straps
  • Like 1

Oh yeah, nice. I have never ordered a ROTM from Coopers, but i am pretty sure they supply everything mentioned in the recipe. They just don't stock grain, hops and yeast in the online store.

Edited by Rowbrew

Yep, the Enterprise Lager ROTM pack has all of the items below for $55, including free shipping. 

• 1 x 1.7kg Coopers European Lager
  • 1 x Coopers Brew Enhancer 2
  • 1 x 500g Coopers Light Dry Malt
  • 1 x 25g Pacific Jade Hop Pellets
  • 1 x 25g Enigma Hop Pellets
  • 1 x 11.5g Saflager W-34/70 Dry Yeast
  • 1 x 250g Coopers Carbonation Drops
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, PB2 said:

Ye, the Enterprise Lager ROTM pack has all of the items below for $55, including free shipping. 

• 1 x 1.7kg Coopers European Lager
  • 1 x Coopers Brew Enhancer 2
  • 1 x 500g Coopers Light Dry Malt
  • 1 x 25g Pacific Jade Hop Pellets
  • 1 x 25g Enigma Hop Pellets
  • 1 x 11.5g Saflager W-34/70 Dry Yeast
  • 1 x 250g Coopers Carbonation Drops

I stand corrected, thank you.

52 minutes ago, The Captain1525230099 said:

Enterprise lager hey??????? @Beerlust

The recipe has more than a passing likeness I reckon. 😉

Good on Coopers IF they feel it was worth creating a ROTM from.

I will be purchasing the recipe pack as I'm interested in the brew. Particularly the Pacific Jade influences as I've never used it before. Interestingly it does mention "citrus" as one of it's properties.

Good stuff!

Cheers,

Lusty.

• Like 1

It's a good time to launch the Enterprise.  

All this week - and next - SBS Viceland are showing every Star Trek movie in order.  We blasted off last night with the first installment and tonight we buckle in for The Wrath of Khan... worth tuning in just for Ricardo's haircut.  

Live long and prosper.

• Like 1

Grew up with my parents watching star trek all the time.. probably can attribute this to me joining the navy a little. Thou I always found it odd they sent the 3-5 most important people on the ship as a boarding party etc when in reality it's usually the most expendable personal sent lol.  

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Smashed Crabs said:

Grew up with my parents watching star trek all the time.. probably can attribute this to me joining the navy a little. Thou I always found it odd they sent the 3-5 most important people on the ship as a boarding party etc when in reality it's usually the most expendable personal sent lol.  

They still lost plenty of red shirts I hear? (Never seen an episode).

Yes those are the "enlisted"not "commissioned" which is what boarding party's are made of. You don't send your commanding officer or executive officer let alone your heads of departments like mechanical or engineering.  The air force is the only defence force that sends it's officers to die. Pilots.

4 hours ago, PB2 said:

and we encourage you to do so!

Coopers has a great business model, clever market segmentation and precision marketing. Retailing is not your game and I/we acknowledge that, Top Marks.

The best move Coopers made was remain independent & to fend off (FO in other words) the Lion Nathan bid about a decade ago and I continue to support Coopers for that move. I digress!!

As per my comment above, building the ROTM local (via mainstream contracted distributors/retailers) you have effectively sold two extract tins rather than one, so who is happy, both the Producer & Consumer. The retailer wins on volume due to lower margin but higher transactions.

Is this close to the mark & as Homer says "what do I win"? 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Smashed Crabs said:

That is true but Maybe a better analogy for Star Trek is the voyages of discovery of the like of Cook, Columbus, Magellan etc.. Those captains who boldly went where no European had been before were often on the front line encountering 'new worlds' and several met their demise doing just that.  

Is that some sort of rule ?   It seemed to me that the topic was exhausted and we were just having a conversation.   i like conversations. They often meander into more interesting subjects than those they originally address.   But pardon me, I am off topic... again. 

• Haha 1