Coopers Community

I walked into a bottleshop...

Beerlust

23 hours ago, Hairy said:

...A couple of a Young’s Special London Ale...

Yep, a really good English Ale. 😎

If memory serves me, Young's got into a stoush quite a few years ago with Cadbury over the colour scheme used on the labelling for their Double Chocolate Stout. A terrific beer BTW.

I see it is still around. 🙂

Cheers,

Lusty.

Edited by Beerlust

So, had a look around a new bottle shop today. Got a few that I’ve been wanting to try but not available in my area till now. 

Noticed a 375ml Imperial Stout which said $85. I asked if it was for a carton........ nope, Singular.

Even I thought that was how you going.

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Beer Baron said:

So how was it??

I actually wanted to but at this stage I couldn’t, putting a new driveway in and BBQ area so putting everything away for that. I ended up spending $40 on 5 beers though so I got a taster. 

The bottlo has just opened up and it’s got some real good beers in there so that’ll be my go to till something better comes along.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CLASSIC said:

What the hell brand was it, that's weird for 375ml ?? I know some of the so-called boutique bottle shops whack the prices up, but who could afford that ?

I’ll have to go back and take a photo of it. A brand I’ve never heard of but hey, I’ve not heard of everything. 

But back to work tomorrow so it’ll have to wait another week

• 2 months later...

I couldn't understand the high prices for Imperial Stout then was offered one of these at a mates "Wet the babies head" 

Time Waits For No One Imperial Stout @ $99 per bottle (375ml) Tasted amazing. I drank it really slowly to savour the taste. I would never buy one at that price personally but was awesome to try one.

Why are Imperial Stouts so expensive? 

4 hours ago, Beers Gone Wild said:

That was actually the brand I was referencing before. 

Depending if they are barrel aged. Time taken to store. High alcohol so ingredients and tax. But mainly tax. 

Im thinking about buying one for my wife as a present.

On 5/13/2019 at 4:31 PM, Beers Gone Wild said:

I couldn't understand the high prices for Imperial Stout then was offered one of these at a mates "Wet the babies head" 

Time Waits For No One Imperial Stout @ $99 per bottle (375ml) Tasted amazing. I drank it really slowly to savour the taste. I would never buy one at that price personally but was awesome to try one.

They're not that expensive as a rule.

I don't give a shite if it happened to be Gandhi's last drink, whether birds chirped every morning over the conditioning beer barrels, whether a chorus of well-wishers sang carols of worship during the maturation, whether Imperial Stout is another word for "Amrta" & held as the sacred drink of Buddha, whether once the beer was poured from their containers over gold, diamonds, pearls & precious metals into their eventual 375ml prisons, or whether the Pope showers in the stuff,....there's no way EVER, am I paying $99 per 375ml bottle for any beer.

If money holds no real value for you, then waste away. I'd sooner try & make something like that, than pay that ridiculous price.

Cheers,

Lusty.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2