I walked into a bottleshop...

Beerlust

I walked in to a bottle shop tonight and splurged a little. I bought:

• Stockade Mr Fruju NEIPA 
  • Deep Creek Brewtiful Haze NEIPA 
  • Six String Dark Red
  • Six String Tropical Pale Ale (x6)
  • Bent Spoke Red Nut (x4)

NEIPAs aren’t really my thing but they went down alright.

On 10/11/2018 at 9:17 PM, Hairy said:

Bent Spoke Red Nut (x4)

Be interested to hear what you think of this one ... I like it, but would prefer more pine out of the hops. I've only got one Cluster 8 can left now, probably save it for Friday night. It's so good! Could use a little more bitterness, but the hop flavour and aroma is awesome.

21 hours ago, porschemad911 said:

Be interested to hear what you think of this one ... I like it, but would prefer more pine out of the hops. I've only got one Cluster 8 can left now, probably save it for Friday night. It's so good! Could use a little more bitterness, but the hop flavour and aroma is awesome.

I really enjoyed the Red Nut. I bought a growler of it when I visited the brewery a couple of years ago but hadn’t tried it since. I think I prefer the Modus Operandi Former Tenant but it is up there with the solid red IPAs.

I wouldn’t mind trying the Cluster 8.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/7/2018 at 12:10 AM, Morrie said:

Recently I tried some Atomic by Gage Roads. I was pleasantly surprised considering some of the criticism I've read about it. Nice hops but not over the top. I'd by a box if I ran out of HB any day.

I also was pleasantly surprised. So far I haven't had a Gage Roads beer that I didn't like. I say like because they aren't spectacular but they ARE a safe bet in my opinion.

On 10/14/2018 at 11:03 PM, porschemad911 said:

I did get a bit of 'sticker shock' when I shouted a mate and me to a couple of beers at Bentspoke a couple of years ago. "That'll be $23", said the barmaid. Can only guess what they'd be worth now. I hope they were pints - can't remember.

1 minute ago, DonPolo said:

I did get a bit of 'sticker shock' when I shouted a mate and me to a couple of beers at Bentspoke a couple of years ago. "That'll be $23", said the barmaid. Can only guess what they'd be worth now. I hope they were pints - can't remember.

Agreed, unfortunately I definitely can't afford to go there often. I would be lucky to get there twice a year (once when my brother-in-law visits and once with my group of friends from bball).

11 hours ago, NewBrews said:

I've had a taste for some British beers of late.  Tonight's was a Adnams Broadside Red Ale . Great full mouth feel,  nice bitterness and enough sweetness still to really cap it off.  Definitely enjoyed this one. 

Then this bud's for......err I mean this bitter is for you! ?

Coopers DIY Recipe: Battleship Bitter 

Cheers,

Lusty.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/2/2018 at 7:31 PM, Otto Von Blotto said:

Picked up a carton of 4 pines pale ale today for $60 from Dan's. I swear last time they were about $70.

That's a good price. It's a great drop.

I'm currently in Central Qld visiting relatives. Makes me appreciate the prices of Cooper's in SA. Paid $62 for a carton of Cooper's Session Ale. Will be an expensive trip. I refuse to drink the standard, "not so great" north fizzy water that's everywhere up here.

• Like 1

I walked into a bottle shop, well Walmart, and picked up some beer to throw in the fridge for me and Mrs Hairy.

I picked up a six pack of Kona Big Wave Golden Ale for $5.90.

It isn’t the greatest beer but it goes down alright.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Hairy said:

I walked into a bottle shop, well Walmart, and picked up some beer to throw in the fridge for me and Mrs Hairy.

I picked up a six pack of Kona Big Wave Golden Ale for $5.90.

It isn’t the greatest beer but it goes down alright.

Meanwhile I walk into a bottle shop and pay $5-6 for a stubbie or a Tinnie ... straya! 

• Haha 2