Coopers Community

Fruit in beer?

Dirtman Dan

Hey guys looking at doing something light and tasty for Christmas with fruit! Read around a bunch of recipes and found different process using raw fruit, puree, frozen fruit etc. Looking for some inspiration and advice on what you guys have done and what worked best. Wanting to use mango or passion fruit and with an abv thats not gunna rock people too bad as i want to serve to the horde on xmas day. So far thinking maris otter or golden promise with some wheat but not sure the best way to apply the fruit early, late or dry and of course amounts? Cheers.

Hi Dirtman. I have made some fruit beers, but not mango; it might be a good one to try as it is not high in acid. Don't advise using raw fruit, as you won't get that much out of it. Frozen, added after fermentation starts to slow, like on day four, is better as freezing ruptures the cell membranes. I haven't used purees, but I think Jamil Zainasheff likes them; they are pasteurized, so they can be added early if you want. Not sure on amounts, but mango is pretty mild.

Cheers,

Christina.

I’ve added frozen cherries or frozen raspberries a few days into ferment, as Christina suggests, to make some lovely fruit beers. Basically it’s a regular beer, with the colour and flavour of a suitable fruit. Up to 1kg in 23 litres works really well.

• 4 months later...

Hey,

The lads on experimental home brew can give you all the ins and out of what, how and when to add basically anything into beer. (Including lettuce)

It’s a pretty good book for learning about tinctures and what not too.

Cheers

Captain

Fruit beer is type of a beer that made with the different types of fruits like apple, grapes etc. It is not harmful for students and teenagers . Our Students who are connected with us from UK, US, Canada and have been taking assignment help service from us discussed about the advantages of fruit beer.

Archived