Coopers Community

DIY Bottling Valve.

math1525230166

Hi; my name is Ian Mathersul. My grand kids presented me with a small 8.5 litre brewing kit. My 1st brew; a "Bewitched Pale Ale" is not bad at all. I had no idea what to do with the bottling valve as it is too large for the tap so I carefully filled each bottle directly from the tap. A little messy but I managed. I have bottled another "Churchills Nut Brown" using the same technique and have a brew; "Northwest Pale" ready to bottle.

I bought some 10 mm plastic tube and it fits over the bottling valve but the tube is too big for the inside tap diameter.

Would appreciate any suggestions.

Cheers Math

Hi; my name is Ian Mathersul. My grand kids presented me with a small 8.5 litre brewing kit. My 1st brew; a "Bewitched Pale Ale" is not bad at all. I had no idea what to do with the bottling valve as it is too large for the tap so I carefully filled each bottle directly from the tap. A little messy but I managed. I have bottled another "Churchills Nut Brown" using the same technique and have a brew; "Northwest Pale" ready to bottle.

I bought some 10 mm plastic tube and it fits over the bottling valve but the tube is too big for the inside tap diameter.

Would appreciate any suggestions.

Cheers Math

Sorry I don't have any answers except brute force. I have also found the bottling value rather too big for the tap. However, while holding the tap very carefully so as not to break it, I persisted with pushing and twisting the valve into the tap. I feels very precarious and I am waiting for the day when it gives way and beer goes everywhere but it so far has done the job. I reckon there can't more more than a millimetre holding it on!

Just my two cents worth

Cheers Don

G'day Math,

I have a short piece of the bottling wand cut of and fitted into the tap, then tubing onto that and onto the wand. If the wand won't fit into the tap there are two options that I would consider, take the tap out and put it into some hot water to soften it and then push a piece of the wand into it, or alternatively you could go to somewhere like Bunnings and get a new tap that will accept the tubing...they are not expensive.

Archived