Coopers Community

Anyone got any contacts in any Adelaide breweries?

King Ruddager

I'm toying with the idea of trying to add brewery tours to my YouTube channel. Not really sure what I'd do yet ... probably just go in, walk around, look at stuff and then explain the bits and pieces plus the things that make that brewery special or unique in my commentary.

There wouldn't be anything in it for anyone involved and I'm totally unprofessional, so I'm not reeeeeally sure how to get started on this lol. I figure knowing an insider might be a good start though.

I'd just tell them why you have a GoPro strapped to your head before you go in :P - Cant see why it would be a problem for them. Free Publicity

I follow a bloke on Instagram who tastes beers and they are always sending him free stuff to try to get a mention. So it might work out in your favour if you become sort after by these breweries for some exposure on social media/youtube #FastHomeBreweryTours :P

I think I need to go back to SA for a beer tour - First time I went I just did the wineries, bit annoyed at myself for not even considering the beer.

I am a regular/barfly at Little Bang in Stepney. Ryan and Fil that run the place are both super friendly and I think they would be happy to show you around.

They also have great food trucks that come by on the weekend, and some very tasty brews.

My favourite is Scratchy Vinyl Black IPA, followed by their hibiscus sour, The Pinkening. They put out a NEIPA the other week that sold like crazy and they also make crazy stuff like Galactopus Barleywine and Sludgebeast which is an Imperial Stout.

Give them a call.

You're quite partial to Lobethal Bierhaus's Red Truck Porter aren't you Ruddy?

I did some part-time repping for them a little while back & am on good terms with the owners.

The "Lobey" brewhouse has a very interesting means of heating their worts that minimizes caramelisation typically associated with traditional boiling methods used by the vast majority of craft breweries. Definitely worth investigating & highlighting. Their Pilsner in particular benefits greatly from this process. wink

I could attempt to set something up for you if you like. unsure

Cheers,

Lusty.

I've just reached out to Little Bang so I'll see how that goes first. I think their size and personality would be a perfect way to start the series, so hopefully they respond. The Bierhaus would be awesome as well, but probably too much for me to handle straight up! If I can get a start on this though they'll definitely be on my "hit list"

• 3 weeks later...

Good to see Ryan hammed it up for the cameras as well. Drew is also great, he critiques some of my homebrew for me. I love that little bang is a proper nerd brewery.

Did you try any of their other brews? You gotta watch out for the Galactopus, that one will chew you up and spit you out if you don't give it the respect it deserves.

Archived