Coopers Community

Kaijiu Krush Clone

Kinga

Been brewing for about 4 years... Got a tonne of recipes saved thought I would start putting em up here....Well here we go on my version of the 'Kaiju Krush Tropical Pale' Clone V1... An absolute tonne of hops in it.. House smells amazing, the wort has a slight green tinge to it from all the hops....

Kaiju Krush Tropical Pale Clone V1

1 x Coopers Blonde

1 x 1.2kg LDME

250gm Carapils malt

100gm Crystal60 malt

30gm Galaxy @ 3min

30gm Summer @ 3min

30gm Centennial @ 3min

30gm Ekuanot @ 3min

20gm Galaxy @ flame out

20gm El Dorado @ flame out

20gm Centennial @ flame out

20gm Wai-iti @ flame out

10gm Galaxy @ day 5 dry hop

10gm El Dorado @ day 5 dry hop

10gm Citra @ day 5 dry hop

20gm Kohatu @ day 5 dry hop

1 x Danstar ESB yeast (rehydrated) pitched @ 21c

Fermented @ 17c for 2 weeks

ABV: 4.7%

IBU: estimate to be around early 40's shot a bit higher than 30, so not sure how that happened, but despite all of this.... This is gunna be one hell of a fruity sucker! A good base to work from for V2.

Cheers,

Kinga

Hi Kinga. Is that eight different kinds of hops? Wow. The most I have ever used is three.

A little surprised by your choice of yeast. I thought it was more for malt forward styles? You'll have to let us know how it works with all of those hops....The one time I used it I only got 65% attenuation from it.

Cheers,

Christina.

Hi Kinga, & welcome to the forum.

250gm+ hopped beers = Yum! cool

I've done a couple & they turned out terrific!

Just a word of warning though when using large volumes of hops around this weight. Make sure your boil volume is fairly large, ideally above 10 litres or you're likely to lose a lot of wort to hop absorption & gain diminished returns on the hops that enter a lower volume wort due to overcrowding.

The way around this at lower volumes is to use multiple pots. I usually add the steeping hops into pure water below 80°C (a hop tea) which garners better utilisation & I lose less malt based wort to hop absorption.

Cheers & good luck with the brew,

Lusty.

• 1 year later...

I am betting this came out pretty good but a whole lot more bitter than the kaiju krush. Depending on how they did the flameout and cooling of the wort and how long.  It would of been full of flavour and aroma that is for sure.

Archived