Coopers Community

BrewBQ (or Brew n Q) - for you Kelsey

joolbag

2 hours ago, Beer Baron said:

Mine is pretty good but I’ll tweak it next time to add a bit more salt. 

It must be alright when my kids always tell me how good it is?

BB

Kids are way too honest when it comes to stuff like that. Least you know you’ve got a good product

• Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply
45 minutes ago, The Captain1525230099 said:

Kids are way too honest when it comes to stuff like that. Least you know you’ve got a good product

Kids are extremely honest. They hated my last IPA. They said it was too bland and needed more hops!!?

(Just kidding people. I DO NOT serve my beer to my kids or anyone under the age of 18)

My one and only attempt at bacon was a recipe from the gourmet farmer. With no nitrates.

Turned out aweful. So much so that my wife has said to me you are never ruining bacon ever again. 

Think the words were, hun, I know you love making things for yourself but bacon should be bought at the supermarket if your going to serve up that shit.

She, last like kids, is very honest. 

I haven’t tried since. 

Yeah the butcher has been getting ones like that in recently, good size and a nice day layer. Woolies ones look about the same in terms of size so I might try one for the next lot and compare, unlike the Coles ones that are bloody tiny. Won't ever bother with those again.

I'm keen to do a loin and belly piece the next cure and smoke that I do.  Very much like the commercial rasher bacon with short-cut loin + a long rasher.  Difference is that mine will be tasty!

Not sure where to source one of these.  May have to speak to a butcher and order it in.  Was thinking a rolled pork loin might be alright, but haven't seen any with a decent length of streaky rasher attached.

Got some more curing salt today. I really should get a big bag to save money. I also need to get a small bucket and lid from Bunnings to hold the bigger pork loin roast. My small flat container just won’t cut it. 

I am also looking at doing some beef and bacon sausages next week too. 

BB

• 2 weeks later...

The good wife bought me a massive rib eye (bone in) for dinner tonight;

Seasoned it with Salt, Pepper & Garlic. Smoked with Mesquite. Seared over a chimney starter of lump charcoal. Cooked Medium-Rare.

Absolute Gold ?

A big thanks to the cheese and kisses ?

Cheers,

Dave

Archived