Coopers Community

Whats going on?

Titan

Hey guys its me Titan8. Just wonder whats going on. Randomly when i try to sign in, the forum says incorrect user name and password which is BS as my user and p/w auto fills. The only way i have been able to cure this is buy requesting a password reset. And i just re-enter my old password again which has worked many times i have done this. Now however the email they send out with a link to reset the p/w can find the page. The only way i could post this time was with a new profile. Does anyone else have similar issues?

Well, no Titan, not that problem. I always stayed logged in to all my forums, but on this one, suddenly I'm logged out. I log in again okay, but next time I'm logged out again. Then suddenly, I click on my link, and I'm signed in.

So mate, I have no idea. Me thinks they need a good IT man at Coopers. We did a survey thing not long ago about how to improve the forum, but nothing has happened. So I've got more to worry about than this forum, but it sure is a pin in the arse.

Cheers

Bill

I have had the same experience as Phoenix. Even if I leave the tab open overnight on my laptop, sometimes when morning comes it has signed me out and I have to sign back in. It is annoying. It seems to happen in spurts, and then settles down until the next time.

Another issue is that once in a while I get a notification from my browers that the security certificate of this website is expired, and it asks me if I want to use it anyway. I know nothing about IT, but I have wondered if the two are related?

On a side note, a while ago Paul took a survey to see what kinds of things we'd like to see when they update the site, but no update yet. Paul, is that still in the work?

Cheers,

Christina.

Hi Titan/Titan8.

Hey guys its me Titan8. Just wonder whats going on. Randomly when i try to sign in' date=' the forum says incorrect user name and password which is BS as my user and p/w auto fills. The only way i have been able to cure this is buy requesting a password reset. And i just re-enter my old password again which has worked many times i have done this. Now however the email they send out with a link to reset the p/w can find the page. The only way i could post this time was with a new profile. Does anyone else have similar issues?[/quote']

I had this problem a little while back, & like you had NFI what caused it. Initially like you I had to have Coopers issue me with another password so I could get back into my account.

In my situation, I had gone into the "Coopers Club" & edited some things in my dashboard/profile etc. & then exited. Then when I tried to log back in I received the same error message as you have.

What I discovered is happening is that when you go into that dashboard/profile area that includes your username/password, you must re-type your password in the area provided before exiting the area, as it appears to reset the password to something unknown setup by the web designers on entry into the area. If you don't re-type your password before saving & exiting this area, you won't be able to log back in.

Having done a little bit of web design, it's probably some stupid sort of safeguard setup to protect the user, but they never bothered to enlighten us users about it. pinchedrolleyes

I hope that scenario sounds familiar & helps. wink If it doesn't, that likely means you're on a MAC & no-one can help you! lol

P.S. Don't worry about the extra usernames, "Scottie" has had plenty over the last 5-6 years! tonguebiggrin

Cheers,

Lusty.

The sign in has always been temperamental on this forum. Like others, I do find myself signed out and have to log in again.

I just jumped on the MacBook Pro because I tried to log in on the phone (iPhone running Safari) but the Login button went nowhere are the club.coopers.com.au showed no login box on the iPhone.

Definitely work to be done Coopers! Please do it before it's too late and we lose members and this forum dies a long, slow, death.

I think Lusty hit the nail on the head. Reason was I updated my profile picture and didn't add my password when I saved. All good now.

I like his work cool

Coincidentally I've also always liked this guy' date=' & his work. [img']cool[/img]

Isn't that right Nelson Amarillo? tongue

biggrin

Cheers,

Lusty.

• 3 months later...

I was just about to ask about this very topic my self but as we say here

"Ah see noo said the blind man"...

I added my profile picture in the dashboard and didn't know I had to re-type my password before saving, so I'll remember next time I'm changing anything that that is what I need to do.

• 3 months later...

For some reason I cannot find a way to get into my dashboard to edit my profile???

I can log in to forum but I don't see or can't find a way to get into my profile to edit stuff...

anyone any idea what's up here?

Or am I just being bloody daft???

Yep, just me being daft... found it

Go to Visit Coopers Club and up it comes rolleyes

Archived