Coopers Community

Little Creatures Pale Ale Clone

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/9/2020 at 1:24 AM, amberfiend said:

i actually brought some today and was thinking of creating a yeast from them

Everything online suggests that it is bottled with a lager yeast, not the ale yeast used for fermentation.

On 9/8/2020 at 10:52 PM, Lab Cat said:

Made it. Taste nothing like LCPA. I believe it's was meant to be a hybrid between LC and Fat Yak. Doesn't even taste like a pale, I ended up with a bland amber beer.

100g of hops resulted in a bland amber beer? ok.

1 hour ago, alilley said:

Everything online suggests that it is bottled with a lager yeast, not the ale yeast used for fermentation.

thanks alilley. tbh honest after brewing my first hoppy pale which turned out better than i expected im not even sure im that interested in creating a little creatures knock off now 😉 it just doesnt seem necessary yeah. i already have a few variations and similar but not exactly the same recipes i intend to try out over the next few months, should be a good learning experience yeah, probably wont be long before im trying my hand at full grain and delving into the world of neipas etc 😉

1 hour ago, alilley said:

100g of hops resulted in a bland amber beer? ok.

That's what I got. Given this is using unhopped extract, the hops provide a total IBU of about 20. That's hardly hoppy. Coopers recipe reckons you get 38. There are many instances of Cooper recipe calculations being wrong, especially ABVs

I've bittered and dry hopped many other beers with less hops and got way more hop flavour. However, I was using a kit with these examples, which are prehopped.

Edited by Lab Cat