Coopers Community

Fermentasaurus

Titan8

Well I have just taken the leap and bought a heap of BIAB equipment for $150.00. A 70ltr SS Brewpot which includes a false bottom, tap fittings, ss ruler, ss stirrer, BIAB bags & a water level calculation chart. Comes with a large SS immersion chiller. It comes with all the fittings so its hose-ready.  The lid has three holes in the edge so that it can be used with an immersion chiller and whirlpool pipe.   A also has the 85,000BTU burner. So AG here I come.

Edited by MartyG1525230263
  • Like 8

4 hours ago, MartyG1525230263 said:

Well I have just taken the leap and bought a heap of BIAB equipment for $150.00. A 70ltr SS Brewpot which includes a false bottom, tap fittings, ss ruler, ss stirrer, BIAB bags & a water level calculation chart. Comes with a large SS immersion chiller. It comes with all the fittings so its hose-ready.  The lid has three holes in the edge so that it can be used with an immersion chiller and whirlpool pipe.   A also has the 85,000BTU burner. So AG here I come.

All the best on the next phase of your journey, Marty. Sounds like a good buy at $150 too. 

• Thanks 1

• 6 months later...

I was wondering can you remove the bulb part way thru fermentation, clean steriliser and put back on, as it fills up pretty quickly and be nice to catch everything in the bulb. or does the stuff on the sides not drop in when putting into keg? first time using in so any advice be great.  

8 hours ago, PatenRoadBrewing said:

I was wondering can you remove the bulb part way thru fermentation, clean steriliser and put back on, as it fills up pretty quickly and be nice to catch everything in the bulb. or does the stuff on the sides not drop in when putting into keg? first time using in so any advice be great.  

If you are talking about the collection bottle then yes you can remove, stanitise and replace.

• Like 1

On 12/23/2019 at 6:16 PM, MartyG1525230263 said:

Was that a Gumtree or similar buy? Cos I reckon that's about $500 short of what I'd estimate from looking around the HBS's. 😄

2 hours ago, Journeyman said:

Was that a Gumtree or similar buy?

Yes, GumTree is a brewers friend. Some great buys of brew gear there. It has dried up a bit since COVID but as a general rule loads of bargains to be found.  I have a between $1500-2000 worth of gear which has pretty much been cost neutral due to GumTree. 

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, MartyG1525230263 said:

Yes, GumTree is a brewers friend. Some great buys of brew gear there. It has dried up a bit since COVID but as a general rule loads of bargains to be found.  I have a between $1500-2000 worth of gear which has pretty much been cost neutral due to GumTree. 

I got a lot of my initial gear on GT. I think if they ever stop faking up CV-19 numbers we will have a barganza on there as a lot of the newbies find it too much trouble when the pub is just up the road. (hoping, anyway 😄 )

• Like 1