Coopers Community

Fermentasaurus

Titan8

I agree, I've been following the fermentasaurus since it was laucnhed. Next pay day I'm going to get one.

I'm curious about fermenting under pressure, on their website it says it can help to reduce off flavours and esters and can speed up the fermentation process considerably. The only problem I have is that I can't keg my beers, I have to bottle them and bottling carbonated beer would be a bit above my pay grade right now. hmm.

I agree' date=' I've been following the fermentasaurus since it was laucnhed. Next pay day I'm going to get one.

I'm curious about fermenting under pressure, on their website it says it can help to reduce off flavours and esters and can speed up the fermentation process considerably. The only problem I have is that I can't keg my beers, I have to bottle them and bottling carbonated beer would be a bit above my pay grade right now. hmm.[/quote']

Im particularly interested in the pressure ferment, only concern is will it fit in my kegerator. Pretty sure it will and will mean instant beer. w00t

Been looking at this and I like the idea but can somebody clarify for me where you are supposed to draw the beer from when bottling / kegging ?

Can't see how it can be tapped out through that yeast ball attachment, so do you have to run a syphon tube through the top ?

Been looking at this and I like the idea but can somebody clarify for me where you are supposed to draw the beer from when bottling / kegging ?

Can't see how it can be tapped out through that yeast ball attachment' date=' so do you have to run a syphon tube through the top ?[/quote']

Been watching these myself , there's a pressure lid with flexible dip tube and ball lock posts for transfer to keg or service from the FV link here...

If bottling can dump the trub , prime in this vessel and attach bottling wand on a hose to trap

My wallet won't like it but already know 2 will fit in my big fridge

When you start the ferment you have yeast collection bottle fitted and dump valve open. All the trub drops into the container. Close dump valve remove bottle and fit the

2 stage barb fitting and use to fill bottles.

I really like this concept. You can get your beer off the yeast cake early if you want and dead easy to harvest yeast. I don't think I would be able to fit 2 in my brew fridge, one on top of the other as I do now with Coopers FVs. If I was only doing 1 brew at a time I'd definitely be looking into one.

• 2 weeks later...

Picking up couple of these on Saturday and 1 pressure kit will see how it goes. Pretty sure i can ferment using couple of belts. Will most likley buy a new regulator to get my other co2 cylinder on the go.

I'm setting up after getting back into brewing, my fermenter was pretty rugged and I based my fridge purchase on the fitting the fermentasaurus. Will post some picks when it is all setup. If I already had a fridge I doubt I would have gone this route.

All setup in the new fridge, not brewing under pressure but bought the adapter so I can give that a try in the future. Did a brew in my mates grainfather yesterday, a Fat Yak knock off he makes cube chilled it overnight and chucked it in the fermenter this morning.

1493174992_27_757.jpg

Looks spot on. My supplier has fresh stock so picking a couple up on Saturday. I think i can get away with them outside my fridge as temp in Melbourne has gone down quite a bit and i will need to use heat belts. Even though I'm sure i can get 1 in my freezer when required

Saw your pic in the what's in your fermenter thread, great setup there. Really happy with mine, took the trub out the other day via the collection bottle. Love watching the fermenter work, it's like a drinkable lava lamp biggrin

• 2 weeks later...

Ok having had these for couple weeks this is some pros and cons.

1: will not fit in a standard kegerator so you have to transfer to keg.

2: I have temperature controlled chest freezer and it will only fit with lid off. I can live with this. But not sure how to get a 23l fv in or out of there with no grab handles

3: very easy to clean.

4: great for yeast harvest and dry hopping.

5: wish i could lower my heat belt but restricted by the cage

All in all, is it worth the extra dosh?

Very sexy piece of kit and has some great features. However practicality, does not hit the mark. Would i buy more? 2 for me is enough can use 8 months out of year without freezer.

I only just caught wind of all the features of this. Looks like it has a couple of things that would suit me, but also a couple of near-misses.

The main "miss" is that bottling carbonated beer just wouldn't work pinched That's the nature of the beast though. Would be freaking awesome if you could dial in the pressure you want and it went into the bottles like that!

Still, being able to eject the trub and then bulk-prime straight into it would be pretty handy!

You don't have to ferment under pressure with it though, you can just do a 'standard' type fermentation. The main drawback for me is that it wouldn't fit in my fermentation fridge, door open or closed lol. I have no problem transferring to a keg, it's nice to be able to have 3 taps with 3 different beers on them rather than being stuck with one.

The only real advantage for me would be the trub catching thingy on the bottom of it. As it stands with my current processes, I hardly get any trub into the kegs anyway, and I don't harvest yeast from it either... that little contraption isn't worth an extra 100 bucks over a 'normal' fermenter to me, even if it did fit in a fridge.

I think the height of the thing is couple inches too high. They should have made it fatter and shorter with a rack specific for kegerator that just keeps the unit a couple mm off the butterfly valve. It would then sit nicely in my chest freezer and the kegerator together with a standard 19l keg.

For me I liked the idea of naturally carbing my beer and wanted to try it, will report back how it goes.

I was getting a new fridge anyway so chose the fridge to fit the fermentasaurus, So far I'm happy with

the purchase.