Coopers Community

Local Case Swap

Beerlust

Hi guys.

A little while back I joined a local SA home brewing forum. Most of them are very competent all-grain brewers.

Anyways, I am going to my first ever case swap meet this coming Saturday afternoon. I bottled a version of Canadian Eh!L's Big Island IPA back in mid January for my first swap. There is an interesting list of beers on the swap list by the other brewers, & a lamb on the spit for a good feed on the day.

The well known Dr. Smurto & our own Mark D Pirate (here on the forum) will be there, so looking forward to meeting & chatting with both of them! wink

On a side note, I stirred up a hornets nest on the local forum a couple of months or so ago about re-activating & using the Coopers commercial ale yeast enough that a forum member & South Australian Brewing Club member has begun a round of experiments fermenting the same wort with 3 different volumes of re-activated CCA yeast. It will be good to have a chat with him to see how that is going. cool

I will pass on the results of those experiments when they are released.

It should be a good day had by all.

Really looking forward to it.

Lusty.

Indeed I will be attending , unsure whether Smurto will be there as he has a young family

SABC meetings are at the whestsheaf on the third Wednesday of the month from 7 pm or so

The great Cooper's yeast experience will be this month so I'm looking forward to that and of course learning a little more every time I attend a meeting

All brewers are welcome no matter who does the mashing

Archived