Coopers Community

Coopers' Hops?

Blunt

Coopers really are great and very competitive in pricing for their members,

I can't find better value for money anywhere...

But I'm struggling to understand why they don't sell Hops in bulk or pre-packaged "teabags"?

It would make perfect sense from a consumer perspective

because it would ultimately make them a one-stop shop!

Thoughts?

or an alternate provider of hops with equally competitive prices as coopers?

Only a guess but maybe if they sold hops in bulk like that, people would tend to use those with unhopped extract or even all grain to create their own recipes and not buy the kits.

There are a few places that sell hops in bulk for reasonable prices. I use Yakima Valley from the US but there are a few here as well. Bulk Brewing Supplies, Hop Dealz are a couple I know of.

Ive also wondered about this.

I know they do the ROTM and I enjoy doing those. I just wish they sold kits for all the recipies they give in there recipie book. I think there are some fantastic recipies using there cans, I just dont want to have to pay postage from a home brew place for 200g of a certain grain and 25-50g of hops that will only be used once. It also allows people to get the correct grain for the recipie, and not substitute it because the LHBS didnt have that particular grain.

So for those of us who are only doing Kits and Bits (for now at least), we can get it all in one place, and not worry about bulk grain, or hops we may never use again sitting in the fridge going stale, or yeast that may go off.

The difference being between the ROTM, and the other kits should just be free shipping on ROTM.

We hope that the ROTMs get homies fired up about exploring different recipes and become more adventurous, making styles they may not have considered before. We don't suppy hops and yeast separately because we don't want to be undercutting the small business owner. Our intention is for people to support their local or online HBS for both hops and yeast. smile

Very noble of Coopers. Respect

Just curious, WTF is a ROTM!? Reliable Old Tank Malt? Rolling On The Mattress? Maybe Real Old Tiny Midget. I can imagine some homies would get fired up and adventurous for onea' those? Some people might enjoy doing them lol Call me old school but it's too much to keep up with. I swear there's an abbreviation for everything pinchedunsure

I order all my hops and yeast through cheeky peak brewery. Find them exceptional price and quality.(about half the cost of lhbs). Normally get about 750 gms of different hops and 10-15yeasts. Negates the shipping cost massively

Archived