Coopers Community

How often do you brew?

BlackSands

I think I'm in the mid to lower range for brew frequency. I brew every 3 weeks, 23L batches. When I do lagers this stretches out to every 4 weeks. When I am super keen I will have two brews going at once, top and bottom shelves of the fermenting fridge. But it is too much for me to drink, so is useful to build a stockpile of beer.

However, for me there is almost no point to make a stockpile unless there is an event coming, because I mainly brew hoppy pale ales and I do like to drink them fresh. Have noticed diminished hop aroma after 6-8 weeks in the bottle

Now that I have got the newbie bug out of my system, I will brew to match consumption. I think the three week schedule is going to work well for me. I give away about 10-20% of each batch to my brewing mate and my brother in law

At the moment I'm brewing at about 1 per month. Steadily increasing stock of bottles so hopefully soon I will have a good supply of beer that has been in the bottle for a while. At the moment I'm drinking over the counter stuff while my batches sit.

I'm only three months in so it will be interesting to see if I speed up or slow down.

I started brewing in December and i'm on batch # 6 (23L) I still have a full bottled batch of Black rock miners stout and just bottled a Canadian blonde. The other 69L was consumed mostly by myself and enjoyed every drop of it :)

Cheers,

Hoppy

Over summer about 1 batch every 9-10days.. over winter its about 3 batches a fortnight... only got room in my brew fridge for 1 fermenter. I am gonna brew 2 up today though. Both kit batches. When i have time i like to do biab but i can get good batches out of the kits n bits so they take up the slack

I thought I drank too much! I just finished 10l in a bit over a week - but it was a particularly hot and humid week when I had a lot of work to do - God bless "Climate Change!"

I can only do two brews at a time in summer - one in the laundry trough and one in a modified wine fridge. So I'm struggling to get some heavy stuff down in time for winter, but I scored a free second wine fridge free that cost me less than $10 to fix and a couple of bargains on Grays, so I guess I can survive on red wine for winter again...

I have about 120 glass bottles, 30 plastic, 4 3.2l plastic and two brew machines. That limits me to an average of about 1.5 20-23l brews per month. Unfortunately I have done some good ones lately and like to share, so I'm down to about 20 bottles at the moment. :-(

Archived