Coopers Community

Coopers Double IPA recipe question

tigris1525230033

I am looking to follow http://store.coopers.com.au/recipes/index/view/id/109/ but it's been a couple years since I used my coopers kit, so a bit rusty. I've also never tried anything outside the normal recipe so things are gonna get nasty, and I don't seem to be down with all the lingo.

I've ordered all the ingredients listed in that recipe, from various places since the coopers site didn't have it all. I couldn't find the Bravo hops however, so intend to substitute them with Columbus hops.

Anyway, my main question was around dextrose. I notice the recipe listed above does not mention any. In the past with the official recipes, using official coopers ingredients, i've used the enhancer kits, which I assume are mostly dextrose. I've also seen some other double IPA recipes around these forums and they also list dextrose. So I'm a bit concerned I may have missed something. That said, I am not sure what comes in the "Diablo IPA" pack yet, it's still on the way :)

I bought a pack of the listed yeast, BRY-97, but not sure how much will be in it, nor does the recipe say how much to use. Is that an issue?

Lastly, I could only get the hops in 40g, not 25g. What happens if I use too much? :/

Oh, sorry, 1 other thing, not related to this recipe but a general question. I've seen other recipes where people saying it's drinkable almost straight away, but tastes slightly better a week later etc. Are people using the carb drops in this situation though? How are they carbing it immediately, and if you do use carb drops, what's the best way to tell when they are ready?

Archived