Coopers Community

2 Litres short!

Poiboi

Hey guys,

I've just started home brewing with the coopers brew kit. Bottles my first Lager last Sunday and all looks good.

However, put down a Cooper's Ginger beer brew on Monday and i only filled the fermenter to 18 litres. The instructions say to add 17 litres of water. But i figure the can of brew plus sugar and hot water equals 3 litres and then i filled to 18 litre mark so i think i am 2 litres short of water!

How will this affect my beer? And could i add the extra water just before bottling?

Any ideas would be awesome!

Cheers,

Poiboi

Only this morning I tasted my first Ginger Beer brew (non alcoholic), following the recipe exactly. It is a very nice drop and quite sweet. I think you could add a little more water, but perhaps try 1 litre at a time.

I was going to ask a very similar question today!

I just picked up my first keg and a 25L fermenter. I know a 23 litre brew probably won't be terribly safe in there, but if I were to mix up some batches to only 19 litres, the only impacts would be stronger flavour/taste?

I'm thinking about making the Coopers Lager that came with my first kit to 19 this afternoon. Any other comments other than what PB2 has already explained?

yep!

you can make an 11 litre batch in the 25litre fermenter if ya want!!

ive heard paul say many times that the fermentation process eats up any oxygen in the fermenter. (or keg for that matter if you naturally carbonate!)

and yep, stronger flavour n taste is all youll get!

oh and bitterness....be mindful of adding some sorta malt instead of dextrose to balance the bitternes if you use a 'high bitterness kit' n lower it too 20litres or so....e.g. dont make a real ale to 20 litres with dextrose, add 1kg of ldm or liquid malt etc etc (im just being kinda general here chris!)

id prolly use 500g of ldm with the lager at 19l etc

click on the can your gonna make on this site n it shows you colour n bitterness!

cheers

matt

Archived