Coopers Community

How much do you drink?

Corksniffer

Honestly innocenttongue

Lets face it, we as home brewers generally like to drink a bitta beer.. I 'drink' maybe once a week. Like, drink - drink. Now as a brewer I like to sink a beer or two a night to test and enjoy my product. I sometimes find that once you pop, it's hard to stop because you just want another. But I do (most times anyway)

what about you?

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The last couple of weeks have been a bit different but generally.

Monday and Tuesday, no alcohol.

Wednesday, usually one.

Thursday, usually a couple, but sometimes just one.

Friday is most probably a three day. Sometimes four.

Saturday and Sunday, anything up to six.

That'll be 330ml bottles. Friday, Saturday and Sunday would have a swing top of cider in the total.

Well I'm retired so don't have to worry about work next day, not that it really mattered too much anyway.

I normally have equivalent to a 6 pck every night, sometimes an 8 pck.

When I was drinking cat's piss commercial stuff, I wouldn't stop at a dozen or more. There is just no comparison between your homebrew and the commercial swill. But with my stuff, all around 5% plus, I just don't want anymore after my 6-8 stubby (375) equivalents.

Cheers

Bill

When I first started brewing in about September 2015 I noticed I was drinking more than usual, got tired of feeling sick & tired. So over about the last year I only drink 3 - 4 stubbies on Saturday night. No drinking at all in the week for me unless it's a special occasion or on hoildays. Works for me innocent

I usually have one at lunch, one while cooking supper, and one in the evening. On the weekends I might have an extra one. I am never drunk and rarely tipsy.

I am trying to cut out the lunch time beer because it becomes too many calories. If I only have two a day I have no problem maintaining my weight. If I have three a day I put on weight very easily.

Cheers,

Christina.

Usually just a beer with dinner during the week, then upwards of 4 on Friday and Saturday then a couple on a Sunday. Although i think i will start to introduce a couple of mid week alcohol free days this year.

Like KR, probably too much.

I go through 3 or 4 long-necks most week nights. Often the limiting factor is whether I will be under the limit to enable me to drive the next morning. Depending on what is happening (kids sport etc), usually more on the weekend.

I go through a 30 bottle batch in about 7-10 days, so keeping up the production is a bit of a challenge.

John

In the working part of the year I just have one a night after work during the week. Fridays usually 3 or 4. Saturdays who knows, anything up to 12 I guess, and Sundays usually 3 or 4 but I space them out and stop pretty early so it gets out of my system before Monday morning. These are stubbies/schooners.

At the moment I'm on holidays so unless I have to drive I just drink what I feel like. Last week I would have 3 or 4 during the day while the cricket was on, but once night arrived I didn't really feel like any more. Today is a brew day too so I guess I'll get into a few now too lol

There is no real pattern to my drinking habits, as with my job there is little to no consistency with the days & times I work.

Today for instance, I have a late shift so will not touch a drop for the day. Tomorrow I have the day off & being forecast for about 29°C, I'll likely have an unrehearsed quantity before the day is out. The following day I have an earlier shift in the day & would likely have 2-4 after work before dinner.

In my younger years I would certainly have classed myself as a binge drinker. I'm not that person anymore, as I find brewing & drinking my different flavoured beers as more of a pleasure than a regime.

I'm more of a "go with the flow" sort of drinker, rather than a "man on a mission" type of drinker. wink

Cheers,

Lusty.

Drink more than I ever used to.

I'm 30 now but back when i was 25-26 i hardly ever drank beers apart from Saturdays with the cricket boys or watching the footy.

However, since I turned 28 and moved in with my now fiancee' I've started drinking more often (funny how that works).

If I have any self control I usually only drink friday/sat/sun, although I end up usually having a beer or two whilst cooking dinner through the week.

I've developed a bit of a beer belly the last few years, so I need to cut back and get into some training to work it off.

Makes it hard when you enjoy home brewing so much. haha

Today is a brew day too so I guess I'll get into a few now too lol

This I refer to as "the law". SWMBO is never to happy though when she comes home to find me brewing away, half cut. Somehow she doesn't seem to think that "But it's the law!!" is a justified explanation. Pfft.

For those worried about their weight, if you're able then just ride a bike to work. It's not as hard as it sounds and you'll probably enjoy it.

Yup, always have to have at least one beer during a brew day. My missus isn't too worried about my drinking habits, it was the smoking that concerned her from a health aspect and fair enough.

I'm only on my third beer in about 3 hours so I'm pretty much still sober at the moment. Probably a good thing during a hop boil! biggrin

Usually 2 x longnecks a night, sometimes a stubby or two more... Thank goodness for night shifts giving me two nights a week of dry days! Sometimes I'll have some for lunch, but only if we're having a BBQ or something. I try to not to start til after 4pm.

Last week I had two shifts where I finished close to midnight so had a longy when I got home, in bed...

I try to only drink a little, but that gremlin keeps saying "You need to drink more because it's bottling day soon and you need bottles!!"devil

My expanding waistline forced me to cut back. I'm a desk jockey during the day so I burn precious little calories unfortunately. when I started brewing I also started having a few each night plus my usual weekend sessions and although I exercise quite a bit - I inevitably stacked on weight.

So it's generally just weekends for me now - and even then I've cut down a fair bit to shed a few more kilos.

Unfortunately this means I don't brew very often as my brews last a lot longer now, but I'm losing inches and kilos so I guess it's worth the sacrifice. Occasionally a stubby will sneak in on a hot day or if I've had a stressful day - but a drink during the week is more likely to be a wine at the moment.

Well as per my previous post, I've always been a fairly heavy drinker. My better half has problems with that at times and tries to put a 3 tallie limit on my each day.

Okay, I don't have to go to work in the morning, so don't have to front that problem. Mind you, I used to drink a bit during my last job, but never missed a day over drinking. Except for one day many years ago during my first marriage. Don't remember where we went, but we were both sizzled. We got up in the morning and kept drinking until we sobered up after lunch.

And for all you weight watchers out there, I don't have that problem. See I don't eat processed foods or sugar stuff, so I don't put on weight. Actually that is not quite correct. I have put on about 5k recently, but that is not bad for my weight/size. I have a pretty good metabolism so can get away with a bit.

But I guess if drinking beer was a problem, then why the hell would I bother brewing it. Currently drinking an Orange Blossom Saison, about 7.5ABV, and you can really feel the higher alcohol in it. Last one I bottled yesterday is a Dark Side Jaffa Porter at about 7.1%. So you can get the idea that I like heavy type beers.

But to each his own. And I must congratulate you blokes that can contain your consumption.

Cheers

Bill

Archived