Coopers Community

Force Carbonating a Corny Keg with a soda stream bottle

Big Puppa P

Hey Guys,

Just got my kit and i'm stoked. So stoked that i bought a 19ltr corny keg connected to a ikegger 4ltr Johnson so that i can force carbonate the lot( 23ltr ) for a weekend of booze with the mates. I have bought a soda stream attachment to carbonate the kegs because i didn't want to buy the $200 bottle of co2 at the moment.

package-deal-the-complete-23l-home-brew-keg-package-1_2048x.jpg?v=1480284486

My first brew is a Canadian blonde, with a cascade hops tea bag that i'm going to throw in on day three. I chucked the coopers yeast that can with the can and replaced it with US05. These were some little pointers from the local brew supplier.

I have 2 questions:

1. Does that mix of ingredients sound like a winner... and ?

2. Has anyone had success force carbonating a corny keg with a soda stream bottle?

Brew recipe sounds good, US-05 suits it too, but if I was you I would keep the kit yeast in the fridge in case of emergencies later on.

No experience carbonating corny kegs with a Sodastream, but if there is enough CO2 in it then I don't see why it wouldn't work any differently to a conventional CO2 cylinder. I hope you've got some way of refrigerating it though.

Those iKegger things aren't really that cheap.. might have been better in the long term to set up a proper keg fridge.

Archived