Coopers Community

All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. Try doing a WW online order. My local WW had no HB supplies, but I could order it online. Next thing, it was on the shelves.
  3. Looks great, again if I were to be critical, the corn in the rice is odd squinter....
  4. If I was to be critical - the basil garnish is well out of place mate, drops the 10/10 to a 9.5.
  5. This is really nice, full flavoured, tropical fruit aromas & very drinkable. A six pack of 375ml only $19 at Dan' Murphy's.
  6. Today
  7. I am doing a coopers Lager and coopers stout at the same time as my local Woolies are discontinuing Coopers sadly. Bright side it was discounted to $7 for a can and even the BE2 was $7 Makes it super cheap per bottle and the stout should be nice for winter
  8. Ta mate, it was good, next curry is a Thai Green Chicken Curry.
  9. Welcome to the forum. Sounds pretty good, it should have a nice malty backbone, I would have used 2 yeast packets with that amount of fermentable's although Nottingham is pretty reliable. Good luck.
  10. Anybody going to the Brisbane Saturday session?
  11. It could be up to 8 hours. Had one the other week that lasted four hours.
  12. Welcome to the forum. I haven't made that particular recipe but I'd expect a pretty tasty, fairly strong beer. Your FG will depend on the temperature the measurement is taken at and the accuracy of your hydrometer. When using Nottingham in two brews with similar OGs I've had FG readings of 1.007 on one hydrometer and 1.018 on another hydrometer on both brews. The hydrometer that read an OG of 1.057 returned an FG of 1.018 so I'd be expecting something around that mark. Just wait until you've got a stable reading over a couple of days and you'll be safe.
  13. Not sure if I've gone too far. Just started a brew with the following: 1.7kg Devils half Ruby Porter, 1.5kg light malt extract, 1.5kg dark malt extract & 11g Allemande Nottingham years. OG was 1.057 before year pitched. Day 2 and fermentation is strong @ 18-20 degrees. Anyone done this before? Any comments? What FG should I expect?
  14. Yesterday
  15. I tend to buy my SP in a 25kg sack. I use a lot and a big bag lasts over a year. Heaps cheaper than buying by the kg too. I soak my fermenters, my kegs and my cubes overnight, then rinse and clean and rinse again. I even clean the Erlenmeyer flasks for the yeast starters with it. It's the only way to get the caked-in krausen leftovers out of them. The malt pipe of the BZ and all the screens get a soaking too and the system itself gets filled with some and soaked to get bits off the bottom, the rest gets wiped down with the SP water.
  16. Everybody has covered the cleaning process but I thought I'd just add an efficiency tip. Rather than just filling a FV with water and cleaner to soak I also throw some equipment in the FV eg. spoon, bottles, bottling wand, hose. Just common sense but sometimes common sense evades us when we're concentrating on new things.
  17. Have a look here, you might find something interesting https://www.wildabouthops.nz/amber_porter_and_stout_recipes.html
  18. Sure here it is except i used barrett burston pale malt instead of marris otter! The original recipe used east kent golding about 69 grams and in my second recipe i have used target hops as the homebrew store were handing them out for free as they were old but so far the sample from the fermenter tastes good I just done a straight forward mash filled my kettle and probably sparged with about 5 litres to make the volume! My dad loves Guinness and he loves this recipe especially with the nitro Nearly forgot i put the lactic acid in the keg not mash. I didn’t adjust my water other than filtered and Perth water where i am is soft!
  19. Not mine mate its off brewfather can post if you want it very simple pale malt, flaked barley and roasted barley and soured slightly with lactic acid!
  20. Is that your recipe? I'm want to put down a stout and am looking for a good AG recipe
  21. I believe the sanitiser cost $10 and the bottle or cleaner about $17. Thanks for the tips. I'll have a look there on my visit to see if they have any.
  1. Load more activity