All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Today
  2. NewBrews

GABS Festival

Speaking of the GABS Festival - is there anyone from Brissie going Saturday?
  3. NewBrews

New Gabs beer. IIIIIPA - 18%

Taxi! 🤣 Mate, I don't mind a heavy beer, but that's just ridiculous!
  4. Lab Rat

Anarchy IPA - is great! What next?

This IPA is my next. My first brew with a decent sized grain steep. My tweaks are Black Rock Pale ( tried Coopers, not a fan) 1kg LDM - No LME 25g Chinook to bitter - may drop the stated 30m, as my malt inclusion is lower than the recipe, so thinking a shorter boil is more appropriate? 25g Chinook 50g Simcoe to DH US04 I'm taking a break from pales after this. Have a Pilsner and Brown ale conditioning. Will be looking to brew some darker beer over winter. Browns, Bitters etc. Can't see myself getting through 23l of stout.
  5. I am sure many of you saw this before, but just came across this amazing document on beer..... my wife said it was a bit if "bromance one sided" documentary, but it is fun to watch
  6. Tömmy8888

Anarchy IPA - is great! What next?

I brewed Anarchy IPA on the weekend. I couldnt get my hands on Chinook hops so i found Columbus could be good sub. Will dry hop with Cascade and Simcoe on day 6 or 7. Looking forward to this drop and to experiment further with the recepie
  7. Beerlust

What's in your BBQ 2019?

Yeah...the true Catholics don't mind a drink do they! 🤣 ...for medicinal purposes of course.
  8. Hairy

What's in your BBQ 2019?

There was plenty to drink.
  9. Beerlust

What's in your BBQ 2019?

I bet it was wonderful living in the cellar! At a minimum It could help explain the excessive hair growth. Cheers, Lusty.
  10. Beerlust

What's in your fermenter? 2019

Hi MartyG. This is about the 4th or 5th time I've brewed this beer. I really like it. The Kolsch yeast strain & rye malt just add another dimension to the beer above brewing this using a clean US style ale strain. To me it just works. Cheers, Lusty.
  11. dylanbrews

IPA recipes?

Cheers Shamus! Even after reading the forums for a few months was unaware of the recipes I like the look of the IPA Hop Slam AU recipe and might swap out the recommended hops for a mix of Citra, Centennial and Cascade. Dylan!
  12. Hairy

What's in your BBQ 2019?

I grew up in a Catholic household but I’m not religious. I cooked a beef brisket in the smoker on Friday. It wasn’t the best so perhaps that was my punishment
  13. Beerlust

What's in your BBQ 2019?

I'm not religious either but for some unknown reason I show some respect to the "No red meat policy" on Good Friday each year. I'll still eat chicken or seafood though. One year I messed up & forgot & bought some Macca's or something & halfway through the burger I remembered, & then cursed myself. If there is a God I think he did too, because he's been punishing me ever since! Cheers, Lusty.
  14. MartyG1525230263

What was the yeast you used ...
  15. headmaster

Time to Start Milling My Own Grain

I have a https://www.kegland.com.au/maltmuncher-grain-mill-3-roller.html I like the three roller as the first gap is wide, and second gap adjustable, means no issues with wheat bouncing out, no messing about with hydrating grain to make it go through. New fluted rollers on two rollers probably fix those problems but for me, the three roller is a winner. These are a cheaper option compared to the millmaster, but my 4 plus year old maltmuncher, has milled some 80 batches worth so probably not far off half a tonne of grain, and no issues with bearings or any other problem.
  16. csavage87

Is it Pale Ale, IPA or XPA?

I suppose I'll have to taste it and make a decision based on the taste . Problem is, I don't usually drink many IPAs....
  17. Otto Von Blotto

What's in your BBQ 2019?

Turned out well. Nice and tender with a hint of smoke. Will do again whenever we have steak on a weekend.
  18. Beerlust

I ran your recipe through my brewing calc to give me an idea of the numbers. Your OG is in the low 1.050's & IBU was approx. 38. The co-humulone level for Enigma is toward the high side. Your 60min addition may produce a harsher bittering tone as a consequence. That may push up the perceivable bitterness of the beer that makes it feel more like an IPA than an APA. I haven't used this hop in a long bittering addition so can't give you any taste oriented facts around that, only my knowledge around the numbers of the hop & how they usually correlate with bitterness outcomes. Cheers, Lusty.
  19. Otto Von Blotto

Who's this bloke using Lusty's account? Hinting at moving to AG at some point, now maybe using finings??
  20. csavage87

Perfect - thanks, mate!
  21. Beer Baron

According to the BCJP guidelines the APA can have an OG of up to 1.060.
  22. csavage87

Thanks mate - It's spot on 22L but has an OG of 1050 with a shoddy hydrometer which tends to read below actual gravity... also a bit concerned that the alcohol is a bit high for an APA Anyway, thanks again mate! Savo
  23. Beerlust

Earlier today I removed & squeezed all the goodness of my Galaxy/Ella dry hop back into the brew, & set the fridge to cold condition the beer. It smells really terrific! A good week it will be in this state now. I'm hopeful to drop out most of the obvious yeast. I don't mind if it's a little cloudy, but definitely don't want this mass of powdery yeast haze to still be there in a weeks time. I haven't used a powdery strain before (up til now I've actually avoided using them) so am a little in the dark of how it will clear. I imagine just like any other strain that is cold conditioned. If I don't like the look of it after a week, I'll actually use some finings on it. Time will tell. Cheers & good brewing, Lusty.
  24. Otto Von Blotto

What's in your BBQ 2019?

Smoked the bacon earlier, then watched the footy. We are having scotch fillet tonight, and since the smoker was still hot I threw them in there at 3 quarter time, along with some oak pellets in foil. Just took them out about 5 minutes ago to sear each side in the pan. Looking forward to seeing how they go.
  25. Beerlust

If at 21-23 litres, definitely APA with those numbers. Best of luck, Lusty.
  26. Hi All! I'm entering a brewing competition... well, actually 2 competitions. Anyway, I attempted to make an 'Enigma Smash' Pale Ale (I called it the 'Enigmatic Pale Ale') and I'm a partial mash brewer. However, after seeing this recipe https://bridgeroadbrewers.com.au/shop-beers/special-releases/enigma-single-hop-ipa/ I'm thinking it might actually be closer to a 'Single-Hop IPA' that I've made... Recipe was: 1.5kg Pale Malt (Morgan's Extract) 1.5kg Lager Malt (Morgan's Extract) 200g Carapils + 50g Caramalt (Steeped) 250g Dextrose + 250g LDME boiled with liquid from steep for 60 mins 15g Enigma @ 60min 10g Enigma @ 10min 10g Enigma @ 5min 20g Enigma @ Flameout US-05 yeast - ferment for 5 days @18.0, then increase to 20.0 for another few days The colour is beautiful! But... do I enter it as an American Pale Ale or an IPA? TIA! Savo
  1. Load more activity