Coopers Community

All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. not the only one mine has some minor scratches from it. So far so good
  3. I should mention that I am aware of that too, but over the years I have seen many home brewers using even metal/wooden spoons. It is important to keep the spoon away from the sides & bottom.
  4. Today
  5. Love the gold rim and the decoration on the stem of the glass.
  6. @iBooz2, You are raising the bar very high! I will have to try mixing my brew without touching the sides of the FV, but the cat is already out of the bag.
  7. New glass seems to work fine. It is a nice glass to drink out of too.
  8. @Aussiekraut We don't have a 1st Choice in Dubbo; but I googled Dan Murphy's and BWS and both seem to stock Boon or Timmerman's Kriek Lambic in cases of 24. Whether I can buy one singly I will have to find out. My taste buds want to experience the sweet and sour cherry flavour!
  9. Salad for lunch, felafel, cauliflower, quinoa tabouleh and dips.
  10. I went by the Op Shop & found this glass & a bar stool for $10.
  11. I would rather go with you mate not take a ticket you can't use.
  12. If you have a 1st Choice in Dubbo, have a look. They sometimes sell Lindemans Kriek in a 4pack. I quite like it but as @stquinto said, it's better to only have one or two. The stuff is fairly sweet. Usually low on alcohol though.
  13. That could be the problem that if filled higher than you realize. Maybe try a carbonation lid or gassing through the out post. Or maybe aim for filling it a little less to test the theory of over filling.
  14. Yesterday
  15. This link should be a sticky at the head of each topic so new brewers can see the answers to any questions thay have and then get their own processes as they progress
  16. Sounds good but for me it would be without BBQ sauce.
  17. I do exactly that but as the post says, here are the basics. I am sure different people have weird & wonderful ideas & methods but commonsense is the key here, I have been cleaning fermenters for donkey's years & only ever hosed them to death, soaked them up to overnight & cleaned & sanitised with StellaSan again.
  18. Yeah, not sure I would like a stout made with Verdant. Then again, a Black Forest Cheesecake Pastry Stout might go well with the fruity Verdant flavours
  19. Absolutely AK I have now decided I'm going to use Verdant for pretty well everything now except for stouts where I'll use Nottingham to give a dryer finish
  20. Verdant brings some nice fruity flavours along. I like Verdant. It's also a workhorse and rips through wort quite quickly with reasonable attenuation.
  21. Hard to explain. I stop filling the keg when the condensation on the outside of the keg reaches the top where the rubber starts. So it is a little further up as the condensation needs to appear first, which takes a few seconds.
  22. Yes, an extra 3 days on serving pressure. I think on 40psi, It'd be desasterous
  23. That looks very pretty @iBooz2, with the BBQ sauce drizzled in like that. I must stop checking 'What's on the menu' before breakfast!
  24. To what level do you fill your kegs? Could the amount of headspace slow the carbing process?
  25. Winning for that. I used to work at large pizza chain, we would make the pork n fennel sausage mix and cook it on a baking tray - worked well for bulk and was cheaper than snage
  26. Was up in Bendigo for a week or so and had a meat lovers at a local pizza joint, was good so decided to copy it when I got home. Home made pizza base, tomato paste, shredded ham, home cured and smoked bacon pieces, pepperoni, pork sausage with fennel and mixed pizza cheese and BBQ sauce. Quite nice with the pork and fennel sausage. Will do this one again.
  27. That is ok if you want to serve that beer, right now and today but IMO that is a waste of CO2. Just disconnect the gas in connector to the keg and leave it for 24 hours. The keg pressure will soon come back down to 15 psi or so, then reconnect at your serving pressure, no need to purge the keg unless you want to pour a glass then and there. Next time just disconnect the gas at 40 psi and connect a spare gas gauge and watch it come down, (presumes 2 C storage here), might take a day or a day and a half for the beer to absorb the extra psi. Purging just wastes gas and the energy that it has to provide inside the keg for your benefit. Like working for your boss for 40 hours and then saying "hey boss, just pay me for 25 hours and all will be good". Nah! you have paid for that gas and the energy it will provide so use it IMO.
  1. Load more activity